Prescribed Burning is an effective tool used in both timber and wildlife management of Southern lands. Forest Management typically calls for prescribed fire for
- Preparing seedbeds for natural pines
- Clean-up prior to tree planting
- Fuel reduction under pine forests
- Stimulation of growth of wildlife foods
- Reduction of brown spot disease in longleaf
- Weed control over or under pines
- Fulfillment of some longleaf pine cost share requirements
This list goes on. Burning of some type is recommended every 1 to 5 years for many forest owners.
FCI has Certified Burners on staff and we are available to manage your prescribed burn from start to finish. We do a limited amount of burning ourselves, then tag team with local burners and county Alabama Forestry Commission units to get your burn done.
If you burn your own land, prepare well, and GET A PERMIT. It is illegal to burn your woods without a permit in hand.